Last year decision to finally start writing blog failed since I occupied myself with many other things but now again I feel like I should share my thoughts and experiences worldwide, not just keeping them private on my desktop.
I spent my last year mostly focusing on my final exams, traveling through the country (no single travel abroad this year, I don’t count Croatia since it’s my second homeland), working in Schuler Helfen Leben organization (I’ll write a special post about that experience), struggling with finding the answers of who I am and where I want to be in the next couple of years. Couple of quite memorable drinking nights, one failed relationship, 15 exams passed, 3 weeks on holidays in Croatia, two close friends got married, 3 wonderful seminars attended are some of the big moments of this year I remember.
In this post I would like to share with you 5 best books I’ve read this year. These books really touched my heart and I’m sure you will not regret putting them on your reading list.
1. The Bastard of Istanbul – Elif Safak http://www.amazon.com/The-Bastard-Istanbul-Elif-Shafak/dp/0670038342
2. A Thousand Splendid Suns – Khaled Hosseini http://www.khaledhosseini.com/
3. The Kite Runner – Khaled Hosseini http://www.khaledhosseini.com/
4. One Day – David Nicholls http://www.davidnichollswriter.com/one_day
5. Sputnik Sweetheart – Haruki Murakami http://www.amazon.com/Sputnik-Sweetheart-Novel-Haruki-Murakami/dp/0375726055
Get a coffee and enjoy reading!